Vente / Auction Photographs and Photobooks including Postwar British Photography
Bloomsbury Auctions, London is delighted to announce its May 22nd Photographs and Photobooks sale. It will encompass a range of photographs dating from the 1850s to the present day.
Nineteenth century highlights from the auction include a group of eight rare and early salt prints (from albumen on glass negatives) of Rome by Eugène Constant (£8,000 - £10,000 for the group) and one of the celebrated portraits of Julia Jackson by Julia Margaret Cameron (£6000 - 8000).
The sale also includes photographs from a private Italian collection which contains vintage prints by Alexander Rodchenko, an Irving Penn portrait from the Cuzco series (£6,000 - 8,000) and and a portrait by Adolph de Meyer of his wife Baroness Olga (£6,000 - 8,000).
© Eugène Constant, Juli...
Auction PhotographsBonhams' London Photographs department will hold its inaugural auction on 20th May, at 2pm, at the New Bond Street galleries, offering a broad range of photographic imagery - from the 19th century to the present day - at a wide and accessible range of prices.
- Thomas Struth's 'The Ma Family, 1996' (£12,000-18,000)
- 'Femme dans la Baignoire, 2003' from Elina Brotherus' The New Painting series (£7,000-9,000)
- A strong section of fashion imagery including works by Horst P. Horst, Norman Parkinson, Lillian Bassman and Terence Donovan
- A superb example from Josef Koudelka's Gypsy series (£5,000-7,000)
- A set of four Graffiti by Brassaï
- An excellent copy of George Hugnet's 'La Septième Face du Dé, 1936' (£10,000-15,000)
- A series of lots by Grac...