Theme: The drive to create is a strong one in humanity. Whether it is massive structures like the Pyramids or the Eiffel Tower, or the tiniest computer chio humankid has always been driven to leave its mark on the planet. "Works of Man" is an opportunity for artists to chronicle the indelible mark that as been made by these creations.
With "Works of Man", the center for Fine Art Photography seeks to chronicle the drive to build destroy, manufacture and dismantle, that resides in all of us. Images from the tallest building to the smallest child’s toy, the newest electric gadget to the oldest tool from the earliest people, truly anything created by the minds and hands of humanites will be considered for the show.
The exhibition is open to all domestic and international, professional and amateur photographers working with digital or traditional photography or combinations of both. The Center for Fine Art Photography invites photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate in its exhibitions. Traditional, contemporary, avant-garde, creative and experimental and mixed techniques are welcome.
Juror: Tim Anderson
* Entries due: April 9, 2009
* Notice of acceptance: April 29, 2009
* Exhibition dates: July 3 – August 1, 2009
* Public and Artists’ Reception during the Fort Collins Gallery Walk: July 3, 2009
Exhibitions and Awards:
With selection for this exhibition, the Center’s many artists and their work will be exposed to an international audience of collectors, curators, art consultants, the media and others who appreciate and acquire fine art of photography.
* Juror’s Selection award: $300
* Director’s Selection award: $200
* Gallery Visitor’s Choice Award: $100
* Two one-year subscriptions, valued at $120 each for Artists’ ShowCase Online – the Center’s online image marketing website (preview at www.artists-showcase.org)
* All exhibitors are included in the Center’s online gallery for two years