© Erin Trieb, 2011 FotoVisura Grant Winner
The 2016 FotoVisura Grant empowers photographers by supporting the production and development of a long-term personal photography project. Visura awards one winner with a $5000.00 cash prize. Other photographers are recognized with various levels of recognition from finalist to honorable mention.
Visura will be accepting submissions from Tuesday, January 25th, 2016 until Monday, February 29, 2016 at 11:59pm EST.
The Grant has a three-tiered mission:
1) support a personal project that brings awareness to a socio-cultural and/or political cause relevant to today’s world ;
2) recognize photographers for their images, stories, and dedication;
3) present to key industry editors photographers' personal project.
Prize : The winner will receive a $5000 grant prize. Around 25 additional photographers will receive various levels of recognition.
Judging process: Visura will be accepting submissions from Monday, January 25th through Monday, February 29th, 2016 at 11:59pm EST. The judging process will take place in three rounds. The winner will be announced by the last week of April 2016. The finalists and honorable mentions will also be announced at this time.
Application procedure: Your application must include the items listed below. The grant is open to active Visura members with a Plus, PRIME or GUILD account. There is no application fee.
1. Projects may be ongoing or recently completed unpublished personal projects
2. Limit one project per photographer
3. You may submit a project that is 'published' or 'private' within the Visura system
4. Applicants must commit to be active Visura members through February 2017
5. Applicants must be willing to link their Visura news blog with any publication that writes asking to feature the recognized work
How to submit: All submissions are made via a “Project” created from your Visura dashboard or site manager.
Who can submit: Photographers worldwide, who have worked on or are working on a long-term project that has not been published in a major media outlet (online or print). (All Applicants must have an active PLUS, PRIME or GUILD membership to submit for consideration.)
What to submit: Each entry consists of a project made up of a series of images (minimum of 15 images, maximum 35), a short synopsis and a long written reflection about the project.
For mor informations, visit their http://visura.co/grant/submit"