@Paris is a return to an early and sustaining subject of photography -- Paris.
As with @600 Mus-Mus will strive to use the ease and power of the web combined with the talents and camaraderie of the global photography community to develop a striking online archive of images. This time the focus is around this singular place, Paris, as seen through the vision of photographers from all parts of the world.
It is fitting that Paris, lovingly called "The City of Light" should have been one of the first and most thoroughly photographic and photographed places on earth. The list of Paris' photographers runs from Daguerre and Nadar to Brassai, Doisneau, Cartier-Bresson and from Atget to Man Ray, Kertez and Klein and many more, a remarkable number of photography's greatest artists made their mark 'a travers' Paris. Their photographs and publications have fixed in our mind's eye a vision of Paris that is beautiful, often as edgy as elegant, and always complex.
1. submit one photograph taken by you in Paris before July 14th, 2009 (JPEG format, 72dpi, 1000 pixels larger side, Srgb Please name your file this way: SurnameName.jpg). Photo can be taken for the project or chosen from your archives.
2. include information about the date, the place and some brief statement about the photograph and its relationship to your sense of Paris.
3. certify that the submission information is correct and that the photograph is previously unpublished and that the copyright is yours.
4. Curriculum Vitae together with your email and website.
5. be older than 18 year old.
Please send your submission at email@example.com
Important: mention your full name on the subject of your email!
Any submissions that does not follow these requests will unfortunately not be considered.
No application fee.
Please check also the CONDITIONS!
We look forward to seeing what you see. And thanks in advance for sharing your wonderful work and participation.